If you slip and fall on your children’s toys in your home and sprain your foot or you miss a step on the stairs and break your ankle, that’s clearly no one’s fault but your own. But what happens when you slip and fall on property outside of your home? It just might be that someone other than you is at fault. You may have slipped on a wet floor in a department store because the caution sign wasn’t in plain sight. Or, you may have fallen on a cracked sidewalk at a construction site that did not have a posted warning sign. All of these scenarios are unfortunate and happen every day. But what happens when a slip and fall accident results in broken bones or even something more serious that lands you in the emergency room at your local hospital in Delray Beach? While we’d like to avoid these situations at all costs, they do happen at the most inopportune moments and when they do; you’ll want to call the expert team of attorneys at The Law Offices of John E. Mufson, a leading slip and fall injury lawyer in Delray Beach. Our experienced and compassionate attorneys will be able to advise you best on your slip and fall case.
How can I prove a slip and fall accident in Delray Beach?
It’s not that easy to prove a slip and fall case unless you have an excellent attorney by your side. Your slip and fall injury lawyer in Delray Beach will be responsible for gathering enough evidence to make a case in court and deal with all of the complicated paperwork. When you are involved in a slip and fall accident in Florida, the law states that you must be able to prove that you suffered serious injuries that resulted in lost wages from time away from work, medical bills and not to mention your pain and suffering both emotionally and physically. While all of this can take some time, luckily, there are some things you can do right away to help move the process along:
- Take stock of your injuries and remain calm. Make sure to call a loved one to come and help you immediately if you are alone.
- Seek medical treatment or call 911 for help right away. Your medical records will also serve as documented proof of your injuries.
- Report the accident. First, report the accident immediately to the store manager, gym manager, restaurant owner, etc. and then call the police.
- Take photos of the exact scene where you fell and get witness statements if available. Document what happened. Jot down the exact time and date.
- Get the names and addresses of all those involved and the names of owners, if possible.
- Call a qualified slip and fall injury lawyer in Delray Beach to help prove your case. This type of lawsuit is very specialized and is best left to an experienced slip and fall attorney.
Remember not to take your injuries lightly. If you fall in front of a store, don’t just walk or limp away! Call a trusted slip and fall attorney like the expert team at The Law Offices of John E. Mufson to determine if you have a viable case. We have the resources and years of experience to help you prove your claim and give your case the attention it deserves. Florida does have certain limits on the time you can file your claim, so time is of the essence. Please call us at (561) 272-1003 to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation in person or by phone.