Customized Debt Relief Solutions
For many people with unmanageable levels of debt, Chapter 13 bankruptcy is an advantageous way for obtaining debt relief. It can reduce and eventually eliminate many types of unsecured debts, such as credit card debts and medical bills. It can stop the threat of foreclosure and enable you to keep your home. Chapter 13 can be the first step toward a brighter financial future for you and your family.
That said, Chapter 13 bankruptcy is not for everyone. Before deciding to file bankruptcy, you should take the time to educate yourself so that you can make informed decisions going forward.
At The Law Offices of John E. Mufson, we take an informative and educational approach to bankruptcy. In a free consultation, John Mufson can explain the benefits of Chapter 13 bankruptcy and discuss your debt relief options.
Contact our firm today to schedule your free initial consultation.
Is A Chapter 13 Repayment Plan Right For You?
If you meet the required means test, you will be eligible for a Chapter 13 bankruptcy. In a Chapter 13, you receive an affordable three- to five-year debt repayment plan.
The benefits of Chapter 13 can be summarized as follows:
- Repossession, garnishment and collection actions stop immediately.
- The threat of foreclosure stops immediately.
- Creditors can no longer harass you.
- You will have a household budget that is adequate for your needs.
- Your credit rating will begin to improve as you make your monthly payments.
- You will be able to keep most or all of your property.
- Interest will not accumulate during your repayment period.
- At the end of your repayment period, your remaining unsecured debts (such as credit card debts, medical bills and personal loans) will be completely discharged.
Delray Beach Foreclosure Relief Attorney
Chapter 13 bankruptcy is ideal for people with regular incomes who have property they wish to keep such as a home or small business. It stops foreclosure actions, and you can roll past-due mortgage payments and property taxes into your repayment plan. Our firm has helped thousands of people in South Florida obtain debt relief, and we want to help you get a fresh start.
Free Consultation — Contact A Lawyer
For a free initial consultation about your debt relief options, contact The Law Offices of John E. Mufson.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.