John E. Mufson
Delray Beach attorney John Mufson has more than 25 years of experience in providing bankruptcy representation and debt relief services to individuals and small-business owners in Palm Beach County. He has filed more than 2,000 bankruptcy cases in South Florida.
John Mufson is a member of The Florida Bar, is licensed to practice before the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida, and is a member of the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys.
John Evan Mufson graduated from Florida State University College of Law in 1981 with a juris doctorate degree. He received his undergraduate degree from the University of Miami in Politics and Public Affairs in 1978.
A large portion of his practice consists of representing consumer debtors and businesses who file under Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 of the bankruptcy code. The office also assists individuals with workouts with creditors, mortgage foreclosures and credit card lawsuits filed by creditors.
The office tries to assist individuals who need an attorney. John attempts to listen to his clients carefully in order to understand their problem. He then tries to analyze the situation in order to develop an approach tailored to each individual client’s case. He provides a free initial consultation to all clients and is available evenings and weekends.
John is a member of the Florida Bar, United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida and the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys.
John is married and lives in the South Palm Beach county area.
Areas of Practice
- Bankruptcy Law
- Foreclosure Defense
- Creditor Harassment
- Debt Consolidation
- Credit Card Lawsuit Defense
- Mortgage Modifications
- Wills & Trusts
- 60% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Florida, 1983
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 1985
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida, 1985
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 1985
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida Trial Bar, 1985
- Florida State University College of Law, Tallahassee, Florida
- University of Miami, Coral Gables, Florida
- B.A. (Magna Cum Laude) – 1978
- Major: Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Florida Bar, 1983 – 2014
- South Palm Beach County Bar Association
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys